No Games listed

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

No Games listed

Postby battlecat » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi. I have gone through the installation of WahCade both by installing it with source and deb and either way I am not able to get it to show me a list of my roms.

I have checked the paths via wahcade-setup.

I have verified that the SDL mame I have works fine.

I just follow the Quick Start Guide to the letter but get no errors and still no list.

Any ideas?

Thanks
battlecat

Postby balki » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:28 am

Hi,

Could it be an issue with the rom filenames themselves? Make sure the filenames are either all uppercase or all lowercase (eg. invaders.zip or INVADERS.ZIP). If this doesn't work then can you post your mame.ini file here and I'll have a look at it...

Cheers,

Andy
balki
Site Admin

Postby Lobster » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:18 am

I had a similar problem. Try checking the generated mameinfo.xml file in a text editor. For me I had to delete a few error lines at the top that weren't xml.
Lobster

Postby ddr » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:02 pm

Me too. I am running on Fedora 7 64 bit (on AMD64). I think there is an issue with python not parsing the XML. To work around this I have installed mamewah on my Windows laptop and generated my lst files there, then copy them to my Linux box. Wah!Cade reads the files with no problems.
ddr

Postby wires » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:04 am

i removed the top lines from mameinfo.xml and now Wah!Cade loads, somehow in full screen mode some games dont work properly, i only hear the sound but no video, those games work in normal window though, any idea what is causing this ?
wires

Postby balki » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:59 pm

wires wrote:somehow in full screen mode some games dont work properly, i only hear the sound but no video, those games work in normal window though, any idea what is causing this ?

Are you using compiz / compiz-fusion? I think i've had problems with fullscreen stuff when that's enabled.
balki
Site Admin

Return to Wah!Cade