Latest wave of Spammers

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Latest wave of Spammers

Postby Zombie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm

This latest wave of spammers is much worse. Anyone have any ideas how to deal with the problem?
Zombie

Re: Latest wave of Spammers

Postby sairuk » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 am

Become a moderator?

It has been completely out of control recently
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 am

Is my "Lets switch the Message Board software to something other than phpBB" starting to look more appealing?
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:56 am

Zombie wrote:Is my "Lets switch the Message Board software to something other than phpBB" starting to look more appealing?

not really, phpbb could still be locked if anyone was around who had access to do it. All forum software gets spammed if its neglected. All my Wah!Cade time is spent cleaning up this forum currently.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby sairuk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 am

We have taken some steps to modify the registration requirements, cleaned up the userlist to remove any spammer accounts etc lets see how it goes.
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade