White background?

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

White background?

Postby scott00 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:14 am

By default all of the backgrounds are white and the text is impossible to read... everything needs to be manually changed and a background image has to be set for everything (changing the color does nothing).. How do I fix this?

Fast response is appreciated because I am setting up a Cabinet next week.

/Ubuntu 7.04
scott00

Postby SeTTleR » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi,
Wahcade comes with a classic layout. Just take a look in your ~/.wahcade/layouts directory. Tell wahcade in the wahcade-setup that it should use one of the classic layouts in the correct resolution and everything will be fine :-)
SeTTleR

Postby scott00 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Believe me I have done everything, including that, including removing fullscreen to see if it's a resolution problem. I have downloaded over 10 different skins available, all of them have the same issue, layout-editor does absolutely nothing when changing the colors (except for on text).. Everytime I install it I have to manually edit the entire thing.. I will be setting up the MAME cabinet for someone else so I need this to be as default as possible without having to spend hours in the layout editor to get it to look nice.

I am hoping this is just an issue with my install of Ubuntu and not with this frontend it self... Think I'll have to grab FC to see if it's an issue with the distro (I have manually set a lot of things in my Xorg config as well as installing things like Compiz Fusion, maybe an issue with something else).

If anyone has any ideas what maybe causing this please let me know, I wrote up a tutorial on Ubuntu and apparently someone else is having the same issue! (this is what makes me suspect it is the distro).
scott00

Postby SeTTleR » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:21 am

Mmh have you checked the permissions of your layout files??
Have you tried editing your ~/.wahcade/wahcade.ini manually to change the layout?
How does your wahcade look like? Do you see any of the layouts or only a white screen??
SeTTleR

Postby scott00 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:19 am

I found the issue. It seems to be inheriting properties of my desktop theme... I changed it back to default and have it "mostly" fixed.. Is this a bug with WahCade? sounds like something that needs some investigating.

This is with:
Ubuntu 7.04
This Theme
Compiz Fusion installed (but not running at the time)
Emerald
Some other UI customizations (panel tweaks, etc and Xorg edits to raise resolution)
ATI graphics
scott00

Postby balki » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi,

Couple of things to try:

1) Does changing your GTK theme change the background colour in wah!cade?
2) Try using the Layout Editor to set the background colour and / or background image.

I'll double-check the code to make sure there's no lurking bugs too :wink:

Cheers,
Andy
balki
Site Admin

Postby scott00 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:15 am

Like I said, not just me experiencing this issue.

Yes changing the GTK theme appears to me changing the background (regardless if it's full-screen or windowed)...
scott00

Return to Wah!Cade