X-Arcade and Wahcade

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

X-Arcade and Wahcade

Postby delphipool » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:41 am

After getting some corrupt XP system files on the pc used for MAME and mamewah, I tried to reload it as a linux box and continue to use my X-arcade tankstick. Using sdlmame119u1 and loaded wahcade as the mamewah replacement. One thing that wouldn't work is using the joystick to go up and down one game at a time. After poking around, I could get it to work if I pressed the shift key, then used the joystick.

In mamewah the entry in ~/.wahcade/ctrlr/default.ini uses DIK_NUMPADx.

The problem seems to be that the using the numeric keypad doesn't return kp_8 (or DIK_NUMPAD8), unless you press shift-numeric8. With the shift key, you get kp_up.

If I modify the key_consts.py

'kp_2': ['DIK_NUMPAD2'],
'kp_8': ['DIK_NUMPAD8'],

To:
'kp_down': ['DIK_NUMPAD2'],
'kp_up': ['DIK_NUMPAD8'],

The mamewah config for the xarcade controller works for scrolling one game at a time. Guess I could add DIK_NUMPADUP and DIK_NUMPADDOWN, but then the mamewah files wouldn't be compatible. Anybody else run into a similar issue. Is there a better work around?

Thanks,

-pete
delphipool

Postby balki » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi,

Looks like I've missed these particular codes out of the list - I've added them into the mythical next release :?

Cheers,

Andy
balki
Site Admin

Postby tenrohle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:48 pm

I'm trying to use an X-Arcade with Mamewah myself and was thinking of going to linux.

One thing I'd love to know about mamewah tho...how do I configure each button on the X-Arcade?

Do I edit the default config file or do I have to edit each emulators config one by one?

I'm a bit confused here :(
tenrohle

Postby ztomiccomputers » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:06 am

Code: Select all
#wahcade-setup

and then click on the Keys tab.

If you want to hand edit, the file is ~/.wahcade/ctrlr/default.ini. The X-Arcade is used like a keyboard so using wahcade-setup should be easy- you just hit the button you want to configure.

As far as configuring the emulators, it will be in config files for each of the emulators you have.
ztomiccomputers

Return to Wah!Cade