Setup filters failing

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Setup filters failing

Postby tzachyb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:40 am

installed mame 146 and latest wah!cade under 32bit xubuntu 11.10. copied over all key mame files from windows pc, and verified mame working. modified setup to point to mame instead of sdlmame. however, when i try to setup filters, get following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/games/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 245, in on_cboLists_changed
self.load_filter()
File "/usr/local/share/games/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 261, in load_filter
self.create_initial_filter()
File "/usr/local/share/games/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 314, in create_initial_filter
self.dlgwait_pulse)
File "/usr/local/share/games/wahcade/filters.py", line 369, in create_initial_filter
gd = mi.next()
File "/usr/local/share/games/wahcade/filters.py", line 271, in get_xml_game_item
d['controller_type'] = _controllers[ctrl.attrib['type']]
KeyError: 'joy'

though i did unix in the 80s, i forgot enough of it to be a complete noob. so any assistance appreciated.
thanks!
tzachyb

Re: Setup filters failing

Postby tzachyb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:14 am

i edited filters.py to add joy to list of controllers, then got error for 'gambling'; repeated, error for 'mahjong'; then 'doublejoy', 'directional', and more, to point i gave up trying.

so i instead modified controls.ini to only list the ~170 games i have installed, but errors remain for controllers not in file.

cant figure out what source for these controllers are - not in any of the mame files that i can tell.

help!
tzachyb

Re: Setup filters failing

Postby tzachyb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:46 am

looks like i was going in right direction, fixed per
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=784#p3135
tzachyb

Return to Wah!Cade