sairuk video demo on you tube

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

sairuk video demo on you tube

Postby platao » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Hello friends, I was watching the videos on youtube sairuk and came across this video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aMCl9cJ ... playnext=1

I noticed that when moving the control to the arcade and down a sound characteristic that ha ha not in normal mahcade who simply do not emit sound when selecting a game.

In short, I would put a sound to move the joystic in table games and a different sound when you select to play the game, as for example in maximus arcade.

There mahcade on how to do this? How?

Sairuk tell me everything!! :)
platao

Re: sairuk video demo on you tube

Postby sairuk » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:22 am

I could have sworn I posted in reply to a thread here at one point. Cannot find it for the life of me though. I will add the details to Wah!Ki once I confirm it is still available in the latest release.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Re: sairuk video demo on you tube

Postby sairuk » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 pm

1) Create a subdirectory inside the current layout directory called sounds
2) Create MP3 files in the sounds directory to match any of Wah!Cade actions listed in doc/KEYS.txt, using lowecase filenames (e.g. down_1_game.mp3)
3) Enable sounds in wahcade.ini (enable_sounds 1)

That should be all you need to do, it doesn't work as well as I'd like at the moment but the base functionality is there

NB: personally I just create a symlink (ls -s) to a generic sounds directory for all my layouts.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade