Video snap and mahcade

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Video snap and mahcade

Postby stealth » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello,

I've just downloaded all the avi (mp4 or dixv) format mame emu movies but when I try to preview them in mahcade front end, they work without problem except a very long lag ...
I mean I have an average wait of about 5 seconds now for the snap videos to load, but Mame itself runs fine. And the problem is only on loading, after the video run fine.

What's wrong ?

If it's a kind of hardware limitation, there is a way to have a snap picture berfore snap video ?

Mahcade last version + xubuntu precise
A little mamecab OS - Mah!Cade, mame , retroarch - Livemamecab
The live CD can be used for a quick demo or test, Download ISO
stealth

Re: Video snap and mahcade

Postby sairuk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Potentially hardware config, my test machine used in the video is currently inside virtualbox, 4gb/2cpu cores configuration on i7/16gb hardware.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby stealth » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:07 pm

It's only an atom (with 2 Go or ram) but the videos are very very light.
With the same hardware (MIS WIND U210) I can play all kind of videos (except HD of course)

But the principal problem is the black screen before, a great feature would be to have a snap picture to wait the video
stealth

Postby sairuk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:45 pm

stealth wrote:But the principal problem is the black screen before, a great feature would be to have a snap picture to wait the video

This is already possible

set up artwork# (eg artwork_1_image_path) snaps, then set movie_artwork_no to # (eg 1) to play videos in the artwork# widget
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby stealth » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Thank,

I found a "bug" the native mame video format mng seem not recognize, I added mng in constant.py without success
Somehow managed with mng, I forgot something ?
stealth

Postby sairuk » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:39 am

stealth wrote:Thank,

I found a "bug" the native mame video format mng seem not recognize, I added mng in constant.py without success
Somehow managed with mng, I forgot something ?

Its not really a bug. MNG is not currently supported (hence not being in constants.py. Can't remember why, strange might be something we should look into as a feature. I'd suggest raising a blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/wahcade

As it stands, I'm currently spend a good chunk of time going through the forums when I get a small amount of time to work on mahcade trying to locate what features people had asked for. As balki tried to do, we need to centralised the requests.

You can use mplayer/ffmpeg to convert mngs into usable avis - this is a guide i wrote for doing it on windows: http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthre ... highlight=
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade