PS3 controller and Wahcade

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

PS3 controller and Wahcade

Postby kanito8a » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 pm

I've configured my PS3 pad to control Wahcade. Usually it works fine, but from time to time, the buttons stop working. I can't change emulator, or navigate trough the game list, etc. Has anyone tried to configure a pad? or to be more specific, the ps3 controller.
kanito8a

Re: PS3 controller and Wahcade

Postby Zombie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Are you talking about Bluetooth or Wired? Is the controller De-pairing and Re-pairing?
Zombie

Postby kanito8a » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Zombie wrote:Are you talking about Bluetooth or Wired?

Wired. I have both my controllers conected by USB, that's why it is weird. The emulators run perfectly, but wahcade, from time to time it stops getting the buttons. It's not a big deal, but I wanted to know if this happend before.
kanito8a

Postby sairuk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 pm

The exact symptoms I have not heard of before but the joypad implementation in Wah!Cade appears to be buggy. It needs to be rewritten. This is partially why I started writing my own stuff in pygame, I would like to fix the joypad implementation eventually.

I suggest you replace the native support with qjoypad for a period of time and see if the problem continues, I expect not. If the symptoms are resolved you will have an interim workaround to your problem while the code is 'reviewed'

This is my personal solution for the time being as well.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby kanito8a » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

kanito8a wrote:I've configured my PS3 pad to control Wahcade. Usually it works fine, but from time to time, the buttons stop working. I can't change emulator, or navigate trough the game list, etc. Has anyone tried to configure a pad? or to be more specific, the ps3 controller.

Qjoypad used to work (I tried that a few months agor for a different reason), but I was curious about the native solution. As I said is not a big deal for me. I use Wahcade in my TV, and I have a wireless keyboard. Anyway thank you very much for the workaround.
kanito8a

Postby Zombie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 pm

I use a Third party PS3 Controller better known as a Street Fighter 4 Controller, it works fine until I disconnect the dongle. Then when I re-plug in the Dongle, the controller should work, but it doesn't, I have to re-start Wahcade.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm

mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby kanito8a » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:00 pm

I've checked the bug. It's not exactly what it happens to my ps3 controller, but is close. Maybe both are related.
kanito8a

Postby sairuk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Probably should have asked what version of Wah!Cade you are using first?
At what point is Wah!Cade dropping out, while using Wah!Cade (before launching a game) or after returning from a game?
Is it only after starting a certain emulator, etc?

There were know issues in some versions of Wah!Cade, in later development versions there is a behaviour added to actually limit controls for a period of time after returning from an emulator.

If you are not running the latest dev version (Mah!Cade) I suggest you give it a try, you can get packaged versions of the latest dev builds from http://www.mameau.com/mahcade/
If the problem still exists in the dev versions I will look into it further.

I also believe the BUG mentioned above is fixed, I cannot replicate the behaviour anymore on my setups. I will change the status to fix committed.
sairuk

Postby kanito8a » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:17 am

I have mahcade 20130128 installed. If that's useful...
kanito8a

Postby Zombie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 am

Install revision 118 and let us know.
Zombie

Postby kanito8a » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:03 pm

I've installed the latest version of mahcade (wahcade_20130128mahcade_all) and I have the same problem. Sometimes not all buttons stop working, just a few of them, specially if I try to change emulator or list.
kanito8a

Return to Wah!Cade