ExaDrive 2

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

ExaDrive 2

Postby Sliver-X » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:37 am

Since December I've been working on a successor to the "ExaDrive" machine I made out of an old HP laptop last year. I ended up using Mah!Cade again for running emulators, but also for PC games and general applications. It was much easier to do with Mah!Cade than anything Kodi has natively or available via addons.

I made a crappy page about it here and an even crappier video here.

If anyone would want some of the themes I've made along with the batch script that scales them at load to match the current resolution, let me know in a reply here rather than a PM (I rarely log in).

I'm also seriously considering learning enough Python to add a few minor features to Mah!Cade, such as having images displayed for each entry in the Options menu like they are in game lists (So you can have a list of systems as well as a picture of the machines for each, etc). If I ever do I'll post about it here.

Sliver-X

Re: ExaDrive 2

Postby General_Faliure » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 pm

looks good, do you consider switching to linux again, or stick with windows?
My Arcade cab: https://goo.gl/photos/yE1KACHryQjCaaCj7
Core 2 duo 8400 @3600, 4 gig mem, Geforce 9500. Mame, Mess, Daphne, and some more.
Mah!cade
General_Faliure

Postby Zombie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:45 pm

He is from the now Dissolving Retro Reality channel. He is sorta stuck with Windows for DRM reasons.
Zombie

Postby Sliver-X » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 am

I have absolutely no reason for DRM support (In fact basically everything I have has it stripped anyway). I went with Windows primarily for PC game support. I recently dropped a GeForce 1030 into it and can now run games like Doom 4 remarkably well.

I still have a Linux partition on this machine, but I haven't merged any of the changes to Kodi, WahCade and other things I've done on the Windows version since February or so. I should probably do that sometime soon, as when it gets to the point where I'm required to use Windows 10 I'll just go full Linux on all my machines.
Sliver-X

Postby Zombie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:50 am

Doom 4 has Denuvo.

I like your skins however, but I need some extra skins for certain esoteric Computers like PC-98, and Amiga and Sharp X68000
Zombie

Postby Sliver-X » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Doom 4 has Denuvo.

Not necessarily...

I have around 14GB of gameplay snaps, title screens and box art for over 35 systems but the x68K isn't one of them.
Sliver-X

Postby Zombie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:10 pm

I mean the custom art for the layouts. One of the reasons I stick with the EmuChrist setup I have, is that I have art for just about everything imaginable and even systems I don't have. Is all your stuff added to Wah!Ki?
Zombie

Return to Wah!Cade