IndexError when switching between emulators

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

IndexError when switching between emulators

Postby natrix » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:21 am

First off, I love Wah!Cade! I've had a Linux Mame cabinet for years and I've always been jealous of our Windows friends and their ability to run Mamewah. I'm thankful that someone with the proper skills has helped the rest of us out by writing a comparable Linux frontend (Advance Menu is adequate, but somehow lacking in style).

Overall things are working great, but I've run into one last bug that I can't figure out a solution to. When switching between emulators I will occasionally get the following error and the Game List doesn't load:

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/balki/projects/wahcade/debian/wahcade/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 514, in on_winMain_key_press
    self.load_emulator(emu_list[emu_idx])
  File "/home/balki/projects/wahcade/debian/wahcade/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 924, in load_emulator
    self.load_list()
  File "/home/balki/projects/wahcade/debian/wahcade/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 974, in load_list
    self.pop_games_list()
  File "/home/balki/projects/wahcade/debian/wahcade/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 1246, in pop_games_list
    self.sclGames.set_selected(current_game)
  File "/home/balki/projects/wahcade/debian/wahcade/usr/share/games/wahcade/scrolled_list.py", line 123, in set_selected
    self._rows[self._hl_on_row][0].set_visible_window(False)
IndexError: list index out of range

I have found that this error only occurs when switching from certain emulators to certain other emulators.

For example:

EMU-A -> EMU-B --- No Error, Game list loads
EMU-C -> EMU-B --- Error, Game list fails to load
EMU-C -> EMU-A --- No Error, Game list loads

So far I have gotten around this problem by cycling to a different emulator and then back to the problematic one (So rather than going from C->B, I'd go C -> B (error) -> A -> B). This worked with 'Whistle', but I installed 'Divide by Zero' tonight and it crashes out to the terminal when it hits this error (which makes it trickier to work around).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
natrix

Postby balki » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Eeeep! :oops:

Could you mail me a copy of your .wahcade directory & I'll try to reproduce this.

Cheers,
Andy
balki
Site Admin

Postby natrix » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:16 am

I sent you an email with a tarball of my .wahcade directory. Let me know if you don't receive it (it was about 5.5 MB).
natrix

Postby SeTTleR » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi,
I have similar problems with my WahCade. I think it started wit 0.23.
SeTTleR

Postby balki » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi Settler,

I've worked out a fix. You can grab it from here. Just copy the file into into your wahcade dir (should be /usr/share/games/wahcade).

Cheers,
Andy
balki
Site Admin

Return to Wah!Cade