New Idea - Icons

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

New Idea - Icons

Postby RomKnight » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok, Now I'm just being boring :)

I search for the work icon and since I didn't find anything here goes nothing.

In wahcade one thing is sure: there's ALWAYS a rom list. So, what if on the side of the game name we could also see the icons from mame extras like it appears in mame32ui?

I know, I'm filling my screen with what may be considered garbage but because I wahcade has such a beautiful interface which allow us to do almost everything, why not take advantage of it?

As usual, I don't have a clue on how difficult it is to implement this or if its even possible to relate icons with game names but i felt like posting this :)

Cheers,

Tiago Fortuna
RomKnight

Re: New Idea - Icons

Postby battlecat » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Hey there Romknight:

I think it is an interesting idea. I also do not know how hard it would be to program into the system but I think it would be worth looking into.

It would be interesting to be able to add a field to the wahcade-layout-editor for icons.

Of course I don't think it would be a good thing to require any theme to use them but the option has merit I think. Its a Balki thing right now since I know so little Python yet.

Battlecat
http://www.anti-particle.com - The *nix front end of choice.
http://www.twingalaxies.com - The Official Electronic Scoreboard
battlecat

Re: New Idea - Icons

Postby balki » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi,

A good idea I think. There are definitely icon packs available for mame, but I'm not sure about other emulators though. Anyone?

I'll put this in the "todo" list - and probably look into it a more after the 1.0 release - any day now... Errr... alright then, a week or three... :roll:

Cheers,
Andy
balki
Site Admin

Return to Wah!Cade