[Solved] No ROMs listed in WahCade

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

[Solved] No ROMs listed in WahCade

Postby Linoobius » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:52 pm

This is probably something simple that I am missing but I cannot get any ROMs to appear in the Wahcade application window. I am using Kubuntu 8.10 and sdlmame from the repositories. I installed Wahcade from the .deb package. I am launching from a console so I can watch for errors and had several problems that I had to work through e.g. controls.ini, gstreamer etc. but now I have Wahcade launching with no errors reported. I have pointed Wahcade to my roms in the setup application and the roms work if I type sdlmame ROMNAME at a console. When I launch Wahcade, the application starts and pauses with a message that says "Please wait Creating Initial Filter...." then the Wahcade window goes full screen and looks like I think it's supposed to but there are no games listed, the screen is blank other than the graphic elements in the png file. I can hit 1 or 2 and get menus to appear so I know the program is not hung. Any assistance getting this working will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Linoobius
Last edited by Linoobius on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linoobius

Re: No ROMs listed in WahCade

Postby Linoobius » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Please disregard, I'm a moron. Why is it that path errors become more obvious after one asks for help??

Sorry for the false alarm....

Linoobius
Linoobius

Re: [Solved] No ROMs listed in WahCade

Postby battlecat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm

I believe that it has something to do with someone called Murphy.

battlecat
http://www.anti-particle.com - The *nix front end of choice.
http://www.twingalaxies.com - The Official Electronic Scoreboard
battlecat

Postby funguy007 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:54 am

You what would be even better is to post what you did to fix your issue. I am having the same issue possibly. setup wont generate a list of my ROMS.
sdlmame sdlmame_0.133u2-ww~jaunty1_i386.deb
wahcade .98 pre
funguy007

Postby louisey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:16 am

How to check that bios detect the dvd rom? my os is damaged, pc dont boot. i've tried to install new os but my pc wont boot by dvd. so i tried and tried. but no luck. then my dvd rom is no longer working. the os installer is already inside the dvd rom. now, i cannot open the dvd rom. it seems that the pc is not detecting the drive. what will i do?

Return to Wah!Cade