Rom Versions

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Rom Versions

Postby blipside » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Good day. I just installed SDLMAME .134 & Wah!Cade on an Ubuntu run computer. The version of SDLMAME is .134 & my Roms are .135. Does anyone know what I have to do to make these work together? I can select a game & the loading percentage comes up. When it reaches 100% it just reverts to the Wah!Cade menu. Thank you for any help you have.
blipside

Re: Rom Versions

Postby symgryph » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:53 am

Sorry to tell you this, but there is something called 'clrmamepro' which will fix your problems. Its kind of complicated to use, but use it to rebuild your roms to version 0.134. Would be a WHOLE lot easier if you just get sdlmame 0.135...

Thomas
symgryph

Postby battlecat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi there:

I know that this has been answered but let me ahead anyways.

Romsets are set of well roms that correspond to a given version of MAME. So if you want to get the most out of your MAME emulator you try to match the set of roms to the version number of the emulator.

If you try to mix and match roms from different sets to a version of MAME you will have some but limited success.

CLRMAMEPRO is a free windows program that helps to sort romsets to given MAME versions. It will run under Windows and WINE.

Hope that helps. If not then post a specific question. Remember though no rom requests or links to sites with them. We are an emulation frontend forum not a piracy site.

Thanks
Battlecat
http://www.anti-particle.com - The *nix front end of choice.
http://www.twingalaxies.com - The Official Electronic Scoreboard
battlecat

Postby Zombie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 pm

That and GoodRoms will run under Wine as well.
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Thats outside the scope of this discussion.

edit: And I've deleted the offending post... Andy.
Zombie

Postby hoojoona » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 am

How do I download the cyanogan rom for my rooted android? I've rooted my android but can't figure out how to download cyanogan's rom. Do I download to my computer or phone? I want to get it before it becomes unavailable.

Return to Wah!Cade