Wah!Ki, A Wah!Cade wiki

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Wah!Ki, A Wah!Cade wiki

Postby sairuk » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:47 am

http://wahki.mameau.com/

I have setup Wah!Ki over the last couple of weeks to give me somewhere to post my Mah!Cade information. The original format was annoying and it was split or duplicated between my own site and this forum.

I also wanted to address the loss of both the CPViewer and Screenshot Archive layout collections. The layouts I either had on file, or could track down on the net are now available for download on Wah!Ki. There is still some missing layouts, listed on the site. If you have the original files, please let me know.

There is additional content I will be adding over the coming weeks, the current content will address concerns with the loss of the layout collections.

While this may not be the permanent home for Wah!Ki (I have requested hosting elsewhere) I have no need to move the site if the request falls through. The site used mediawiki.

Happy New Year!
Last edited by sairuk on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Re: Wah!Ki, A Wah!Cade wiki

Postby codefenix » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:41 am

Love it!
codefenix

Postby Zombie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:18 am

As do I. need to add Snaps packs.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:58 am

Zombie wrote:As do I. need to add Snaps packs.

I have the snap packs ready to upload, just have to find the time.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby codefenix » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:32 am

I'd like to be able to contribute if I could. May I have a login?
codefenix

Postby sairuk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:28 am

codefenix wrote:I'd like to be able to contribute if I could. May I have a login?

Happy to give you an account, I'm still learning the software so give me a couple of days. Busy over New Years.
sairuk

Postby General_Faliure » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:25 am

Great work.

Thanks
My Arcade cab: https://goo.gl/photos/yE1KACHryQjCaaCj7
Core 2 duo 8400 @3600, 4 gig mem, Geforce 9500. Mame, Mess, Daphne, and some more.
Mah!cade
General_Faliure

Postby codefenix » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:59 pm

sairuk wrote:Happy to give you an account, I'm still learning the software so give me a couple of days. Busy over New Years.

Understandable, no rush expected. Have a fun and safe New Years!
codefenix

Postby sairuk » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Over the next few days I will be moving Wah!Ki to a mysql backend. The SQLite backend we are using is quite buggy. I will be disabling editing privileges while the move takes place
sairuk

Postby sairuk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:49 am

Only took a few hours, new Wah!Ki site is http://wahki.mameau.com/ old url will redirect
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:28 am

I was wondering if you knew where I could get a multi-game WahCade intro video. I want to enable WahCade's screen saver capability.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:52 am

Zombie wrote:I was wondering if you knew where I could get a multi-game WahCade intro video. I want to enable WahCade's screen saver capability.

No I don't, but i put some feelers out this morning for a blender artist to see if what I want for a small intro video could become a reality. I haven't had time to look at blender in detail so I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

All my current development & graphics is done on a Lenovo S10e netbook which isn't great for creating layout themes @ 1920x1080 and I would imagine the hardware would near enough die if I went down the blender path
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

Another scripting deal, I have determined that we really need to have someone write us a script to parse FreeDesktop.org shortcuts independent of Kioclient. There are way too many Dos/Windows/Linux games to have to script every single one.
Zombie

Return to Wah!Cade