Layout / Maruqees not displaying

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Layout / Maruqees not displaying

Postby compute » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey guys, I've been through the posts a few times and can't seem to find the info that I need. I must be missing some super easy thing, but I just can't figure this out:

Marquee images will not display for me in .99. I've tried setting it as Artwork3, and I *think* the images are named/set up correctly. I downloaded them from Mr. Do's Arcade (www.mameworld.info/mrdo). I've run the python script for renaming for CRC values using the .dat file supplied by said website, still no luck. The screen shots I've taken in MAME display fine in Wah!cade, but these marquee images will not show up. I am running Wah!cade .99 and MAME .140 on ubuntu 10.04. Your help is appreciated.
compute

Re: Layout / Maruqees not displaying

Postby codefenix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Start Wah!Cade Layout Editor, and double check that you have Artwork 3 set to visible.
codefenix

Postby sairuk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 am

I second that
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby compute » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm

It is set to visible. I should have been more specific. When I launch the program, it shows the 'no image' placeholder in the Artwork3 spot. I have tried moving some of the marquee images around to reflect the folder/file naming convention used by MAME when a screenshot is taken. It is entirely possible that I ran the script wrong, as I am relatively new to linux and scripting.
compute

Postby codefenix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm

As long as your Artwork 3 is pointed to the exact folder containing your marquee images, and the image files are named identically to the corresponding rom files, and their extensions are png, jpg, jpeg, bmp or gif, then there should be no problems.

Just out of curiosity, are you using Artwork 2? If so, for what?
codefenix

Postby sairuk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 pm

codefenix wrote:\Just out of curiosity, are you using Artwork 2? If so, for what?

Another good point; i noticed when i was testing my layouts i couldn't use artwork10 without making use of all others in some regard. I would expect the same for Artwork3.

Grab a random image from google and name it art1.ext, art2.ext, art3.ext (ext is jpg, png, gif etc) then place them in the layout folder, that should change the default empty image for you if the layout is working correctly.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby compute » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 am

Good call, I was not using Artwork2. Switched the marquees to display on Artwork2 and now they are showing up. I knew it would be something stupidly simple. Thanks for the
compute

Return to Wah!Cade