Easy to Install theme Packs (Packagable)

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Re: Easy to Install theme Packs (Packagable)

Postby sairuk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:55 am

Zombie wrote:No, what we have now is a bunch of complicated coping files to different directories and correcting MameWah's path problems in the layout editor.

Not exactly, Wah!Cade will default to the standard mentioned above if it cannot find the file listed in the layout.

For example I can take your layout file listed above with the path /opt/var/public/emulators/mamewah/msx_bw/main.jpg (which I do not have, nor will i setup) I can save the content above as ~/.wahcade/layouts/test2/layout.lay and set wahcade to display the test2 layout. I can then conform the layout structure to the Wah!Cade standard and have a working layout without the need to edit the layout file.

Code: Select all
$cat ~/.wahcade/layouts/test2/layout.lay
/opt/var/public/emulators/mamewah/msx_bw/main.jpg
False
System
True
False

Check that the absolute path is broken.
$ls /opt/var/public/emulators/mamewah/msx_bw/main.jpg
ls: cannot access /opt/var/public/emulators/mamewah/msx_bw/main.jpg: No such file or directory

If i create a main.jpg file in the layout directory (same directory as the layout.lay file)
$ls ~/.wahcade/layouts/test2
layout.lay  main.jpg

When Wah!Cade cannot find the /opt/var/public/emulators/mamewah/msx_bw/main.jpg it will display the ~/.wahcade/layouts/test2/main.jpg in its place negating the need to edit the layout file. when conforming to Wah!Cade standards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Previous

Return to Wah!Cade