POLL: How do you use Wah!Cade?

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

In what environment do you primarily use / plan to use Wah!Cade?

Arcade cabinet (upright or cocktail)
57%
Home theater PC (HTPC)
29%
Desktop PC
No votes
Notebook PC
14%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 7

POLL: How do you use Wah!Cade?

Postby codefenix » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Where do you use Wah!Cade? Did you build your own homemade arcade-style cabinet? Is it running on a PC as part of your entertainment center? Or maybe there's some other use no one here has ever considered.

Please share your usage experiences.
codefenix

Re: POLL: How do you use Wah!Cade?

Postby Zombie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:24 pm

I selected home theater PC because WahCade is the center piece of a "Console" in the same vein a an XBox 360, PS3, and a Wii.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm

In a bit of a bind here as I use it on:
Linux HTPC
Linux Notebook
Linux Netbook (x2)
Win7 Desktop
WinXP Desktop

Voted for HTPC though, that is the main area I am working on atm

When I get a spare PC i'll be putting it back into my cabinet with wahcade.

Zombie, I thought you also ran it under mandriva on an xbox1?
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:09 pm

No, it is a regular Atom Nvidia ION2 x86_64 PC in the case of an Xbox 360. It has an Xbox 360 power switch and receiver for XBox 360 controllers, PS3 and Wiimotes use Bluetooth. But the motherboard is standard x86_64. I built it this way because to be honest, I never played on an actual arcade machine but maybe a handful of times growing up. I played on the Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, and PSX. in other words, Consoles. So while other people are interested in building their perfected dream Arcade Cabinet that plays everything, I am more interested in building a perfected Console experience.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Zombie wrote:No, it is a regular Atom Nvidia ION2 x86_64 PC in the case of an Xbox 360. It has an Xbox 360 power switch and receiver for XBox 360 controllers, PS3 and Wiimotes use Bluetooth. But the motherboard is standard x86_64. I built it this way because to be honest, I never played on an actual arcade machine but maybe a handful of times growing up. I played on the Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, and PSX. in other words, Consoles. So while other people are interested in building their perfected dream Arcade Cabinet that plays everything, I am more interested in building a perfected Console experience.

OK I thought you had two Wah!Cade instances running, the 360 and standard xbox1.

Guess thats something for me to try one day. Linux on older consoles with wahcade (as has been seen with the ps3)
PS2, Wii, Xbox, DC just for kicks, providing the required python libs are available.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:28 pm

I have it availible on a sum total of 4 PCs in a deployment fashion to make the games and emulators availible on other nodes in my network. There is a multiplayer and networking element here, particularly with network multiplayer interoperability. (which is an expectation of today's consoles.)
Zombie

Return to Wah!Cade