Mah!Cade packages

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Re: Mah!Cade packages

Postby sairuk » Fri May 06, 2011 2:59 am

martinc wrote:Mmmmh, same error. But just to confirm that I am doing things in the right way. Doing this, I should be able to download the entire version from launchpad ready to be used, right?

mame@stan:/var/tmp$ bzr branch lp:wahcade
mame@stan:/var/tmp$ cd wahcade/
mame@stan:/var/tmp/wahcade$ ./wahcade &

Am I right? if so, the issue is still there :(

Thanks a lot for your quick support :mrgreen:
Martin

Mah!Cade has a separate launchpad branch (see below), although the error experienced seems to be a base Wah!Cade issue which is surprising. I wouldn't have thought it would have been by the reported error. My 'fix' may not be enough.

Code: Select all
mame@stan:/var/tmp$ bzr branch lp:~waynemou/wahcade/devel
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 am

I'm going to build the latest source and try it on my Cab.
Zombie

Postby martinc » Fri May 06, 2011 7:14 pm

I tried with that new version and the issue is still there, with the same error when I connect the second controller :(

Doing some tests, I can see the error is there when I use one single joystick (the one from front port) on any back usb ports. It seems to be working only on the front port, and all the 4 back ports are not working well on this.

Qjoypad seems to be detecting and working fine with both controllers on any front or back ports, so I would discard a problematic usb port (anyway, it would be 4 problematic ports, not just one).

Zombie - did you have a chance to check this on your cab? how did it work?

Thanks,
Martin
martinc

Postby Zombie » Fri May 06, 2011 9:17 pm

I have a minor configuration gripe right now, as I am trying to get Atari 8-bit computers working. I also need a skin for them made.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat May 07, 2011 12:24 am

I've updated the first post with information on reporting bugs
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat May 07, 2011 8:40 am

Mah!Cade is extremely unstable and can crash or render unresponsive very easily.

Code: Select all
Error: option: [lock_time] for ini file: [/home/arcard/.wahcade/wahcade.ini] not found
VideoWidget.__init__
VideoWidget.__init__
GstVideo.__init__
GstPlayer.__init__
VideoWidget.on_realize
GstVideo.__init__
GstPlayer.__init__
Error: option: [fuzzy_artwork_search] for ini file: [/home/arcard/.wahcade/wahcade.ini] not found
Error: option: [fuzzy_artwork_search] for ini file: [/home/arcard/.wahcade/wahcade.ini] not found
GstPlayer.__init__
SDL_JoystickNumHats value:1:
SDL_JoystickGetAxis value:0:
SDL_JoystickGetButton value:0:

It produces tons of errors like this.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat May 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Zombie wrote:Mah!Cade is extremely unstable and can crash or render unresponsive very easily.

Mah!Cade is experimental and it is doubtful too change. Packages will retain the same status and is the reason why I am keeping Mah!Cade separate from the main Wah!cade project.

Zombie wrote:Error: option: [lock_time] for ini file: [/home/arcard/.wahcade/wahcade.ini] not found

Add the reported options to the wahcade.ini file; a needed upgrade when using Mah!Cade with a previous wahcade configuration. It will not be an issue if you return to Wah!Cade, Wah!Cade will simply ignore the option. I may log this instead of let it error in the future. I have adjusted the first post accordingly

You will need to elaborate on the unresponsiveness and instability; I do not experience that here unless an emulator crashes and a simple alt-tab returns control to Mah!Cade/Wah!Cade
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat May 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Mahcade will not launch a script that launches Wine for some reason (Windows games section)

To MahCade's credit, MahCade does NOT have the start button loop. I'm still experimenting.

Dos games, Atari ST games, Windows Games and Linux games failed to launch. (resulted in a halted MahCade) these programs all use bash subscripts to launch for one reason or another.

I had a few instances where MahCade crashed due to music looping.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Zombie wrote:Mahcade will not launch a script that launches Wine for some reason (Windows games section)

To MahCade's credit, MahCade does NOT have the start button loop. I'm still experimenting.

Dos games, Atari ST games, Windows Games and Linux games failed to launch. (resulted in a halted MahCade) these programs all use bash subscripts to launch for one reason or another.

I had a few instances where MahCade crashed due to music looping.

Personally I launch wine (demul, model2emu) & qjoypad (all emulator apart from mame) from bash scripts in Mah!Cade, you may want to see what the wahcade.log say, perhaps it will give you some clue as to where it fails.

The start loop is only minimised, not resolved.

Music looping with videos will crash both Mah!Cade and Wah!Cade (in my testing) at the moment based on the rewrite andy is working on. I will have to grab a shorter track to test the looping music crash, currently using tracks from the Arcade Ambience project @ 65mins per track. IIRC the only difference between Mah!Cade and Wah!Cade audio is that Mah!Cade stops the audio on launch (as per the ZeroGame modifications) of an emulator, this was added to see if it would resolve some audio conflicts I was having.

As I added in the first post if reporting an issue you will need to test both Mah!Cade and Wah!Cade launchpad version when reporting issues. So issues are reported in the right spot.

EDIT: confirmed the loop crash, it is in both Mah!Cade and Wah!Cade and is part of the rewrite andy was working on, not sure if that is still happening
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat May 07, 2011 11:47 pm

I am concerned that my Mame Cabinet may have a faulty hard disk. So I may be imaging it to a larger one soon.
Zombie

Postby martinc » Sun May 08, 2011 6:18 am

martinc wrote:I tried with that new version and the issue is still there, with the same error when I connect the second controller :(

I have tried with an additional USB ports card, just to confirm that the issue is not due to a damaged usb ports here, and the error is still present.

This is still happening on mahcade, I am not having the issue on wahcade right now.

I am really lost here, since it seems to be I am the only one having this weird issue :(
martinc

Postby sairuk » Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 am

martinc wrote:
martinc wrote:I am really lost here, since it seems to be I am the only one having this weird issue :(

I am going to see if i can reproduce the issue here, what version of wahcade is working fine (launchpad?) so I can try to isolate the issue?

EDIT: I've managed to reproduce this issue, will have a look into a fix.
sairuk

Postby martinc » Sun May 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks a lot for that :)

I will take a look to previous versions of mahcade to see if they have the same issue, maybe I can find from which version this issue occurs, since wahcade has not this issue and perhaps it is related to any improvements done to mahcade.

I will let you know if I can find anything useful from here.

Thanks again,
Martin
martinc

Postby sairuk » Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 pm

martinc wrote:Thanks a lot for that :)

I will take a look to previous versions of mahcade to see if they have the same issue, maybe I can find from which version this issue occurs, since wahcade has not this issue and perhaps it is related to any improvements done to mahcade.

I will let you know if I can find anything useful from here.

Thanks again,
Martin

For me this problem only presents itself on ubuntu 11.04 which is going to be fun to try and fix, will have to have a look at what modifications I made a while back. My main machine is running 10.04 and my dev area is a 10.04 VM! ;) At least the problem exists with my USB ps2topc adapter so I can probably get it working in vbox (only support for single usb device)

The controllers I use are ps2/ps3 compatible wireless arcade controllers so they have ps2 & usb (for ps3 mode) plugs on them. I use them in ps2 mode on pc so I can minimise qjoypad configs where I may want to swap out my wireless ps2 controllers for certain games/emulators.
sairuk

Postby martinc » Mon May 09, 2011 12:53 am

I am using Debian testing, I hope this issue can be fixed and avoid the Ubuntu installation here, since that would imply a lot of reconfigs :S
martinc

PreviousNext

Return to Wah!Cade