Not all roms displaying

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Not all roms displaying

Postby the_gamer » Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi folks,
I use version 0.99pre8. I set everything up accourding to the quickstart. But only 10roms are showing up in wahcade. All other roms are in the xml-file but not showing up. All roms end with .zip (all lowercase) and all are working fine in mame. 10roms are showing but I have 37 roms in my rom-directory. What else could be the issue when the extensions are all the same and all roms are working in mame?

Thanks in advance.
the_gamer

Re: Not all roms displaying

Postby sairuk » Wed May 04, 2011 10:45 pm

what list generation method are you using?

have you tried generating a list using rom_folder only to see if all 37 are added?
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby the_gamer » Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 am

I'm using the xml-file. I just clicked on "Create xml file". How to use the other method? Sorry, iI'm really new to wahcade and trying it out.
And my wahcade is crashing when I try to set up a filter. Perhaps it has something to dowith that?

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 245, in on_cboLists_changed
    self.load_filter()
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 266, in load_filter
    self.create_initial_filter()
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 314, in create_initial_filter
    self.dlgwait_pulse)
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/filters.py", line 369, in create_initial_filter
    gd = mi.next()
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/filters.py", line 271, in get_xml_game_item
    d['controller_type'] = _controllers[ctrl.attrib['type']]
KeyError: 'keypad'

Is showing when I click on "Setup Filters" in wahcade-setup. Perhaps it has to do something with that?

Edit: I found the option and changed the generation method to rom_folder. After deleting and recreating the xml all files are shown but the descriptions disappeared. How to get them back to work?
the_gamer

Postby sairuk » Thu May 05, 2011 11:21 am

That is a known bug when using new versions of mame, the fix is in the launchpad version of wahcade

If you want to fix it yourself you can refer to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=590 and replace mention of keyboard with keypad

if you want to use the latest version from launchpad, install bazaar and execute
bzr branch lp:wahcade

in the directory you want to run wahcade from
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby the_gamer » Thu May 05, 2011 5:59 pm

No, I did that and got a new error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 245, in on_cboLists_changed
    self.load_filter()
  File "/usr/share/wahcade/win_filter.py", line 275, in load_filter
    if self.current_filter[fk[0]] == str(idx):
KeyError: 'filter_type'
the_gamer

Postby sairuk » Thu May 05, 2011 11:18 pm

the_gamer wrote:Edit: I found the option and changed the generation method to rom_folder. After deleting and recreating the xml all files are shown but the descriptions disappeared. How to get them back to work?

The descriptions are from the xml so that is why we use the listxml method, you were correct originally, changing it to rom_folder just made sure wahcade could see the files.

RE: the newly reported crash, that is a new one. I don't recall seeing that one before. Are you sure the edit was done correctly?

I'm not sure why that would be broken if the previous edit was executed successfully. It may be a better option to branch the bazaar version
sairuk

Postby the_gamer » Sun May 08, 2011 8:16 am

Wahcade works fine and all roms are displaying with every mode. The error from above occurs when trying do define a filter(even before I get into the menu, it is after clicking the button).
the_gamer

Return to Wah!Cade