TV out issue when I exit any game

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

TV out issue when I exit any game

Postby martinc » Thu May 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi all,

I am having the following problem, and can't be sure if it is a mahcade issue or not. Maybe (hope, heh) anyone else had the same issue and can help me out.

I am using sdlmame, fceu and stella emulators under mahcade on a Debian. All is configured to go out to the TV once the system is up, in order to play and manage thru joysticks only, over the TV and not the monitor. It is just like a cabinet, without the box itself :D

Everything is fine when it boots and load the mahcade, the issue is present when I quit from any games to mahcade games list, since TV starts to show lines on it, and the image goes back to the PC monitor.

I have a Gforce and I am using nvtv to go out the TV, I tried with several modes on nvtv config but the result is the same. I have tried with another TV and the same issue is there.

Has anyone any idea about this? or had anyone a similar issue?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Martin
martinc

Re: TV out issue when I exit any game

Postby sairuk » Fri May 06, 2011 3:26 am

martinc wrote:Has anyone any idea about this? or had anyone a similar issue?

Afraid not, although I run a similar setup. My TV is connected by DVI/VGA not TV out (I am thinking of looking at HDMI out soon though). I would imagine this issue is present in both Wah/Mah!Cade and if not the result of an external application will not be behaviour that can be easily corrected (thinking complete re-write with randr support).

Try running Mah!Cade in windowed mode and see if the problem persists, it may have something to do with the way the fullscreen mode detects the active displays.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade