groovymame linux and wahcade-movie not working

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

groovymame linux and wahcade-movie not working

Postby dmarcum99 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Guys!

I've got a mame cab that's using wahcade and I'm having video and .mp3 playback issues.
To start...I'm using v 1.0pre1 that was included with an awesome linux(gentoo) live cd package called groovymame. I'm actually using the hard drive install option on this right now....A fellow on the byoac forums called bitbytebit created this and it's fantastic to run games at native res and no tearing/stuttering. I switched from XP64bit and a loaded hyperspin setup just because the resolutions and refresh rates were spot on.

I know next to nothing about linux and I hope I can get some help with the videos and background music for my wahcade setup.

To the best of my knowledge, I've directed the wahcade setup program to the appropriate directories fro the movies (.avi format) and to the arcade ambience file (arcade83.mp3). But so far I haven't been able to get either to play. The live cd uses gstreamer, so I used the following command "emerge gstreamer" and it downloaded a bunch of files. I'm assuming all went well because I can get the background music to play using advmenu (the live cd gave you 2 option - advmenu or wahcade). I'm at a loss as to why I can point the setup program to the directories/files and can't get them to play.

I know it's very vague and I'll provide info as quickly as I can, I just don't know where to start....

Thanks,
Darrell
dmarcum99

Re: groovymame linux and wahcade-movie not working

Postby sairuk » Sat May 14, 2011 4:22 am

You will need to check if python-gstreamer support is installed as well. I'm not sure how to do this with gentoo though.

Having a look at GroovyMame is on my todo list, seems like an interesting project.

EDIT: in ubuntu lucid I had to install python-gst0.10
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Re: groovymame linux and wahcade-movie not working

Postby Zombie » Sat May 14, 2011 10:56 am

Here is the thing, even I don't have "Movies" setup. I actually wanted to setup a "Platform Sampler" screen saver for my WahCade setup. I really criticize the whole "Linux Arcade Distribution" it needs to be a "Linux Arcade Meta-Package".
Zombie

Return to Wah!Cade