Wah!Ki support materials

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Wah!Ki support materials

Postby Zombie » Sat May 14, 2011 1:42 pm

I was wondering if Wah!Ki could host support materials and scripts for WahCade and support art related to WahCade, for example: Still Screen shot graphics of game by Rom name or Checksum.
Platform specific music and medely videos for attract modes, for example: For the Genesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJhAQDXIeA Except maybe not so long. I don't awnt it to take up an insane amount of hard Disk space.
Zombie

Re: Wah!Ki support materials

Postby sairuk » Sat May 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Zombie wrote:I was wondering if Wah!Ki could host support materials and scripts for WahCade and support art related to WahCade, for example: Still Screen shot graphics of game by Rom name or Checksum.
Platform specific music and medely videos for attract modes, for example: For the Genesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJhAQDXIeA Except maybe not so long. I don't awnt it to take up an insane amount of hard Disk space.

Yeh I don't see why not.

The scripts section has already begun on Wah!ki (in tools), but does need to be better organised and updated with some of the scripts mentioned here on the forums.

I already have most of the old packs from the screenshot archive I am yet to upload.

Storing images as the CRC makes sense for those systems with a single header type but Wah!Cade would need to be updated to support or convert the images for use. Its a project I have no time left for, if it needed to be built from scratch. I can host something if required, or people can look at the HyperSpin artwork, which is the best quality artwork available atm imo.

The rom collection browser XBMC addon (written in python) is something I think could be tweaked for use separately from Wah!Cade to build image packs. It has a built in media scraper for roms.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade