Emulatorlist and Number of players

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Emulatorlist and Number of players

Postby the_gamer » Fri May 27, 2011 10:47 am

Hi folks,

I am creating a layout myself. It really worked fine but I have a few Problems:

If the resolution of the layout is another than the resolution of my system, wahcade doesn't change the resolution of the monitor. Is there a way to have wahcade change the resolution to the resolution of my layout when it is started and switch it back when it is closed?

I want to create a list to change the emulator I use from. I can only find how to edit the layout of one emulator. But i want wahcade to start with a list of all emulators I had it on like:
MAME
Dosbox

and displaying the gamelist after the emulator is chosen. How to do that? I really can't figure it out how to do it. And when this is done, is there a key to go back from the gamelist to the emulatorlist? I found this: http://www.webwonderland.net/arcade/zebra_layouts.php But this website doesn't tell me how he did it and it seems to be for mala and not wahcade/mamewah:(

And my last problem is: I would like to display the number of players a game is playable with. But I only find publisher, Controller type etc but nothing to show the number of players in wahcade. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot in advance:)
the_gamer

Re: Emulatorlist and Number of players

Postby sairuk » Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 pm

the_gamer wrote:If the resolution of the layout is another than the resolution of my system, wahcade doesn't change the resolution of the monitor. Is there a way to have wahcade change the resolution to the resolution of my layout when it is started and switch it back when it is closed?

You're only option is to set the layout resolution then set Wah!Cade to open fullscreen.

I want to create a list to change the emulator I use from. I can only find how to edit the layout of one emulator. But i want wahcade to start with a list of all emulators I had it on like:
MAME
Dosbox

and displaying the gamelist after the emulator is chosen. How to do that? I really can't figure it out how to do it. And when this is done, is there a key to go back from the gamelist to the emulatorlist? I found this: http://www.webwonderland.net/arcade/zebra_layouts.php But this website doesn't tell me how he did it and it seems to be for mala and not wahcade/mamewah:(

Wah!Cade simulates (for lack of a better term) MameWah behaviours, not Mala. Wah!Cade has the gamelist/emulatorlist available through the menu, press the 2 key when in Wah!Cade. This is the only place it is a available.

You can configure keys to cycle through either if you wish through the setup program

And my last problem is: I would like to display the number of players a game is playable with. But I only find publisher, Controller type etc but nothing to show the number of players in wahcade. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot in advance:)

Mame doesn't support player information, only option is to use a graphic in the layouts displaying it and copy the graphic to the gamenames in one of your art directories.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Re: Emulatorlist and Number of players

Postby the_gamer » Sat May 28, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks, that helps a lot! Espacially the emulatorlist is really needed. Great :)
the_gamer

Return to Wah!Cade