Platform Configurations on Wah!Ki

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Re: Platform Configurations on Wah!Ki

Postby laxdragon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Good work on updating the list!

I prefer to use MESS these days for a few of my console emulators. Genesis and Atari 2600 emulation is spot on, and NES is very close to complete. Someday if they finish of SNES, Sega CD, and 32x, It will completely replace all my existing pre 3D consoles.

Just a suggestion if you want to add it to some of the console pages as an option. I know I could as well, I might if I find the time.
laxdragon

Postby codefenix » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:48 pm

laxdragon wrote:I prefer to use MESS these days for a few of my console emulators. Genesis and Atari 2600 emulation is spot on, and NES is very close to complete. Someday if they finish of SNES, Sega CD, and 32x, It will completely replace all my existing pre 3D consoles.

Agree to disagree on this one. :) I've already stated my feelings on MESS, and they're not about to change. It's usually safe to assume that MESS will handle emulation for pretty much any system imaginable, so it isn't necessary to list it as an available emulator for every system. Rather, list it when it's the one and only option, or, as Zombie has pointed out, offers features not presented by other emulators.

One positive thing I will say about MESS, is that it adapts to frontends like WahCade very nicely. That is, some emulators don't take command line options or give you the option to reconfigure controls and exit briskly with the ESC key. So I'll mark that in the "pros" column.

laxdragon wrote:Just a suggestion if you want to add it to some of the console pages as an option. I know I could as well, I might if I find the time.

The more, the merrier. Sairuk owns the Wah!Ki page, so anyone interested in contributing should drop him a line to enlist. See his above post.
codefenix

Postby Zombie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:21 pm

I just had to rediff the a whole bunch of patches to fix e-uae. Would sariuk be interested in the diff files?

Code: Select all
--- src/gfx-sdl/sdlkeys.c       2005-09-12 02:00:35.000000000 -0400
+++ src/gfx-sdl/sdlkeys.c       2012-01-26 00:42:36.000000000 -0500
@@ -376,7 +376,7 @@
  */
 static struct uae_hotkeyseq sdl_hotkeys[] =
 {
-    { MAKE_HOTKEYSEQ (SDLK_F12, SDLK_q, -1, -1,           INPUTEVENT_SPC_QUIT) },
+    { MAKE_HOTKEYSEQ (SDLK_ESCAPE, SDLK_ESCAPE, -1, -1,   INPUTEVENT_SPC_QUIT) },
     { MAKE_HOTKEYSEQ (SDLK_F12, SDLK_r, -1, -1,           INPUTEVENT_SPC_SOFTRESET) },
     { MAKE_HOTKEYSEQ (SDLK_F12, SDLK_LSHIFT, SDLK_r, -1,  INPUTEVENT_SPC_HARDRESET)}, \
     { MAKE_HOTKEYSEQ (SDLK_F12, SDLK_d, -1, -1,           INPUTEVENT_SPC_ENTERDEBUGGER)}, \

Thats the SDLKey's patch
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:19 am

I have a few more patch related concerns. It seems that the UAE Patch does not allow UAE to parse command line arguments for programs. Now I could adapt the Python loader for FBZX. Could there be a way to load programs from a hard disk image instead? I don't really know, its just that launching UAE applications from WahCade is unnecessarily difficult right now.
Zombie

Postby zagadka » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Zombie wrote:Have you considered getting these patches committed upstream with their maintainers. Also, do you know of a patch to fix the SDL 1.2.14 bug running 32 bit applications on 64 bit platforms?

Sorry for the delay but i don t have much time right now.

I updated the site and added the "exit scripts" here http://www.dallaslive.de/vdr/projects/retro-consoles/wahcade/#exitkey. With this scripts you can exit ALL emulators with one defined key (choose any key you like).

I think it could be easily integrated in wahcade-setup with a similar python ONLY solution (without shellscripts) using xdotool and evrouter. Maybe with a start script before and after exiting the emulator option. Or just by choosing the Exit Key for an emulator in wahcade-setup ...
Last edited by zagadka on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zagadka

Postby Zombie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Does this interfere with other functions?
Zombie

Postby zagadka » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Zombie wrote:Does this interfere with other functions?

No. Instead of starting the emulator (wahcade-setup -> emulators -> Application) you just start a script.
zagadka

Previous

Return to Wah!Cade