MahCade will not launch anything

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Re: MahCade will not launch anything

Postby Zombie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Here is my latest error from r97
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 698, in on_winMain_key_press
    self.load_emulator(emu_list[emu_idx])
  File "/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 1281, in load_emulator
    self.load_list()
  File "/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 1325, in load_list
    self.pop_games_list()
  File "/usr/share/games/wahcade/win_main.py", line 1589, in pop_games_list
    self.emu_ini)
  File "/usr/share/games/wahcade/filters.py", line 360, in create_initial_filter
    gd['category'] = get_catver_item(gd['rom_name'].lower())
  File "/usr/share/games/wahcade/filters.py", line 291, in get_catver_item
    print _('Error: category info file: [%s] does not exist' % (category_file))
NameError: global name 'category_file' is not defined
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am

Zombie wrote:NameError: global name 'category_file' is not defined

Oversight on my part, should not update code while reconfiguring mythtv :). Shall update shortly
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 pm

MahCade will occasionally just not launch a rom.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:25 am

Appears I forgot to reply to this topic .. wooops

I need some more info Zombie; i'm sure there is a scenario at some point where it doesn't match a filename or something. I'll add in some logging capabilities shortly to see.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 am

There needs to be new fixes to MahCade.
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Did you ever patch MahCade not to truncate file names with [ and ] characters?
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Zombie wrote:Did you ever patch MahCade not to truncate file names with [ and ] characters?

Are you using commit 104? From what I have tested tonight, yes I have fixed it....

[Tue Jul 24 21:50:09 2012]: ******** Command from Wah!Cade is:  /home/user/emulators/qjoypad_loader "altf4" ~/Fusion/Fusion -smd -auto -fullscreen "/home/user/emulators/smd/roms/Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (U) [c][!].gen"
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 am

Yes I am using revision 104.

Waiting on Revision 105.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:04 am

Zombie wrote:Yes I am using revision 104.

Waiting on Revision 105.

I took the time to Install and configure Mandriva 2011 today, installed and configured mahcade-bzr (c104) and Kega Fusion with roms using goodroms naming convention. I cannot replicate an issue with launching regardless of character combinations in the filename. I have successfully launched approx 20 random games making sure all at least contained both [ and ].

Settings to launch Kega Fusion
### Execution Settings ###
emulator_executable                     ~/Fusion/Fusion
commandline_format                      -smd -auto -fullscreen "[rompath]/[name].[romext]"

If there is a problem with launching, I cannot replicate it with my setup(s). Give me enough factual data to replicate the problem, I will look into it further.
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:33 am

Alright, I will rebuild r104, and run with the debugging pumped to a file. (I was not mednafen, not Fusion.)
Zombie

Postby Zombie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Well, I finally got MahCade to refuse to launch a Rom. It was Zelda: The Ocarina of time for Nintendo 64. This Rom had been renamed with goodroms, and I ran it with regular WahCade and it worked fine. I tried to get debugging information and all I got was stuff about the Joypad. Ironically, The Master Quest would launch, but regular Ocarina of time would not.

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (GC) [h1C].z64
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].z64

Those are the two file names.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Will have to have a bit of a play, but I just tried both those filenames here under Mandriva 2011 and they both launched successfully multiple times.

Both the commands which left Mah!Cade were complete. information from wahcade.log:
[Sun Sep  2 00:53:30 2012]: ******** Command from Wah!Cade is:  /home/arcade/Fusion/Fusion -smd -auto -fullscreen "/home/arcade/emulators/smd/roms/Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].z64"
[Sun Sep  2 00:53:37 2012]: ******** Command from Wah!Cade is:  /home/arcade/Fusion/Fusion -smd -auto -fullscreen "/home/arcade/emulators/smd/roms/Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (GC) [h1C].z64"

Don't get hung up on the fact that I used fusion for testing (its just what I have installed at the moment) as per above the command executed by Mah!Cade on my test system included the absolute path and complete filename for both games.

So its quite a strange problem.
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:43 am

How do I get more debugging details out of MahCade debugging than the -d option offers? ?I'd like to take another crack at fixing this error.
Zombie

Postby sairuk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Zombie wrote:How do I get more debugging details out of MahCade debugging than the -d option offers? ?I'd like to take another crack at fixing this error.

There isn't anymore info atm apart from what is output to wahcade.log, thats it.
sairuk

Postby Zombie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:03 pm

'/opt/var/public/roms/nintendo64/Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].zip'

It's getting confused about roms with dissimilar extensions. Sometimes it launches a zip file when it should launch a z64 file.
Zombie

Previous

Return to Wah!Cade