[Show Boating] My New Custom Skins

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Re: [Show Boating] My New Custom Skins

Postby the_gamer » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

How do you get the game descriptions in other Systems than mame?
the_gamer

Postby codefenix » Mon May 14, 2012 1:00 pm

I put them in manually. Click the Edit List button under the Emulators tab, and you can manually populate the manufacturer, year, and anything else you want.
codefenix

Postby the_gamer » Mon May 14, 2012 1:20 pm

codefenix wrote:I put them in manually. Click the Edit List button under the Emulators tab, and you can manually populate the manufacturer, year, and anything else you want.

Thanks. Kinda sad to do this manually for every game... I really would have loved if it at least would give you the number of players without having to enter them for every game,
the_gamer

Postby codefenix » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Wah!Cade uses the mameinfo and catver files to feed these lists automatically, but only for Mame. Unfortunately, there aren't any non-mame projects similar to this, although I believe there were attempts in the past.

In any case, Wikipedia is a good source for year and manufacturer info. Under controller type I just put the number of players. Display type, driver status, and sound status will usually just be blank for most platforms, although I like to display the video mode and Sound Blaster info for DOS games in these spots
codefenix

Postby Zombie » Tue May 22, 2012 3:10 pm

CodeFenix, I am about to get a neat addition to my Mame Console, a Retrode. Image

So, I'm curious how you would do Retrode support in WahCade considering it requires mounting external media.
Zombie

Postby codefenix » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 am

Zombie wrote:So, I'm curious how you would do Retrode support in WahCade considering it requires mounting external media.

How I would do Retrode support? Me? Moi? There seems to be some confusion, sir. I do not support Wah!Cade. I'm a mere user.

More to the point, I don't know how this would work with Wah!Cade. Wah!Cade starts command lines and arguements. If this animal is driven by such, then maybe...

(but why don't you just use ZSNES and Gens?)
codefenix

Postby Zombie » Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 pm

okay there seems to be some confusion what this device does. You plug it into a USB port, and it appears as a mass storage device in your /media/ section containing just the ROM of the Cartridge in question. It does not emulate anything at all. If you were to plug Super Mario Kart into this device, it would give you a file called Super Mario Kart [!].smc

Now I could always go cp /media/retrode/Super Mario Kart.smc /opt/var/public/roms/snes/

but that requires alot of user intervention. How can I automate this process?
Zombie

Postby codefenix » Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm

That could be handled a few ways. You could have an application that monitors the path of the retrode device, and raise an event any time a new file shows up. When this event is raised, execute the emulator using the available file as the argument. You could use the file extension to determine what emulator to execute (.SMC = zsnes, .SMD = gens, etc.). Kinda interesting when you start thinking about it.

Regardless, this is all way off-topic for this thread, which is about custom skins. Would you mind starting a new thread?
codefenix

Postby Zombie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:22 am

madcatz-akuma.png

I need a Control Panel skin for my Mad Catz PS3 Controllers, If I provide the base images, can you help?

This is what my controllers look like at 640x480
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zombie

Previous

Return to Wah!Cade