No Game Descriptions

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

No Game Descriptions

Postby iced00d » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Good afternoon. Reciently I decided to get back into the MAME game and found this nice front end. Unfortunately I'm having difficulty wiht the layout. It seems that no matter what ROM I put in, nothing shows up in the Game Description list. I've tried all the default layouts with the same result. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks..
iced00d

Re: No Game Descriptions

Postby codefenix » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 am

In order to make the game descriptions appear, in any layout, you need to generate a mameinfo file. The easy way to do this is to click the Generate File button (the round arrow next to XML/Data file) in the M.A.M.E. Only tab in WahCade Setup. Then you can click the Edit List button (expand the Lists section on the Emulators tab with MAME selected) to view the information that was generated as a result. Please note this only works for MAME. For all other emulators, you need to modify your lists manually.

For more info, you can refer to the Quick Start Guide, however be warned that some of the info given is outdated now. The most reliable source of info on getting things set up is available on Wah!Ki.

Also of warning, I would advise against using the Setup Filters button if you're using the standard version of WahCade.
codefenix

Re: No Game Descriptions

Postby iced00d » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:57 am

Code - Thanks. I've done that and thats the problem, I only see the name of the game and none of the other fields are generated. They are all blank ..
iced00d

Return to Wah!Cade