Using the development branch

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Using the development branch

Postby dawscaus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:23 pm

I am having a hard time using the development branches. Is there a guide on how to run wahcade with the development branch. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 and mame 1.45. I am able to download the brach and it is in my home directory but I dont know what to do with it once I get it there. I want to get it setup like if I installed it through the wahcade_0.99pre8_all.deb that I would get on http://www.anti-particle.com/wahcade_dl.shtml.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dawscaus

Re: Using the development branch

Postby sairuk » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm

How did you install the development branch and which one? There is 'mahcade' (an experimental branch) and wahcade bzr the full project development branch.

The first way to get it to work

Change to the development branch directory and begin the script manually, once you have confirmed all is working you can modify/write a bash script to start wahcade from the correct directory.

Code: Select all
$ cd ~/wahcade
$ ./wahcade.py

Alternatively,

Find the location of the wahcade install (from the deb) and replace the files with the development branch. So as root, something like below should replace the files from the deb install with the dev version. find the location of the wahcade install on your system.

Code: Select all
# cp -R ~/wahcade/ /usr/local/games/wahcade/

Finally,
You could try the deb from my site instead http://www.mameau.com/mahcade/ .... not guaranteed at all but built using the standard warhcade packaging scripts ;)
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade