Wahcade 99Pre8 and PCSX-R, wrong z order.

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Wahcade 99Pre8 and PCSX-R, wrong z order.

Postby Kithera » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:46 am

Howdy all,

I'm in the process of putting the final touches on a new linux based arcade machine. Thankfully the built in ini files made it easy to setup emulator lists for snes9x, fceux, VisualBoyAdvance and gens running. The well know mame list generation issue presented a bit of a headache, but I was able to add the necessary control types and get that running as well.

I'm left with wanting to add pcsx-r. It seems to work well for the most part using the build in values. However, the emulator screen seems to be poping up behind the front end screen. Any idea on how I can get the z-order between the two correct? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running XUbuntu 13.04 with with mediabuntu and playdeb repos added. With the exception of gens, all emus are from the repos. My arcade is custom built, uses a 32" 720p hd television, uses two gaming positions with a Seimitsu LS-32 stick and 8X Seimitsu 30mm action buttons each, and 5 option buttons for coins, starts, option, excape and turbo.
Kithera

Re: Wahcade 99Pre8 and PCSX-R, wrong z order.

Postby Kithera » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 am

I guess no one else had this problem, or at least didn't know the answer. Thankfully I found the answer myself while I was looking through the code.

If you have problem with an application or emulator poping up behind wahcade, you can cause wahcade to minimise before running the game by adding to text {minimize} to the command line arguments. Be sure to keep the curly braces. Now I got a working playstation emulators in my arcade. Sweet!
Kithera

Re: Wahcade 99Pre8 and PCSX-R, wrong z order.

Postby General_Faliure » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I haven't set up pcsx-r as yet, but will do soon for my cab.
Are you still using the official Wahcade (which is getting a bit old)?
Maybe you should try the launchpad version or Sairuks Mahcade.

Good luck.
My Arcade cab: https://goo.gl/photos/yE1KACHryQjCaaCj7
Core 2 duo 8400 @3600, 4 gig mem, Geforce 9500. Mame, Mess, Daphne, and some more.
Mah!cade
General_Faliure

Return to Wah!Cade