Nothing under Categories when trying to filter...

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

Nothing under Categories when trying to filter...

Postby banacek » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:49 pm

So I'm trying to set up a filtered game list. I created a new game list, and I'm able to select Categories Filter in the setup. There is no sub-menu under it. When I start Wah!Cade I can select the filter under options, but the only choices are Select ALL and Select NONE. Where are the categories?

Wah!Cade seems to be reading the catver.ini fine as I see the categories for games when I select them.

Any ideas? Thanks!
banacek

Re: Nothing under Categories when trying to filter...

Postby sairuk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:35 am

What version of Wah!Cade are you using? This is a known bug with older versions, I was looking at it at one point. Need to look at how far the fix got though.

UPDATE: certainly processes the catver properly 'eventually' in Mah!Cade although the processing time is terrible right now.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby banacek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:40 am

--version returns "bzr-devel" "mahcade". It's the version that is packed inside GroovyArcade linux distro. Should I pull down a newer version/branch?

Thanks!
banacek

Postby sairuk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 am

yeh if you want to catver to process correctly i would certainly try that, I couldn't say what commit that GA version is based on.
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby banacek » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:32 am

That did the trick! Thanks so much!
banacek

Postby Jollywest » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi there,

This is my first post, so ... hello!

Sorry to pull up an old thread but this is very specific to the problem I'm having.

I'm also using the WahCade version that came bundled with the GroovyArcade Distro, and I'm getting no sub menu's under the 'Category Filter'.

I'm trying to update WahCade to a newer version but the only thing is I've only just started using Linux, and the first post in the below update thread on how to update has completely baffled me.

http://www.anti-particle.com/forum_phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=603

Any chance of a 'dummies guide for a Linux newb' at all please?.... This is the last bit of WahCade I need to setup to complete the cab, thanks.
Jollywest

Postby Zombie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 am

BZR (Bazzar) Is a development tool, like git, or subversion. Its not how you update between stable releases. Or at least what counts as a Stable Release. Your Distribution's Package Manager is normally the best tool for that. But there are third party Packages too. What Distribution do you run?
Zombie

Postby Jollywest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Zombie wrote:BZR (Bazzar) Is a development tool, like git, or subversion. Its not how you update between stable releases. Or at least what counts as a Stable Release. Your Distribution's Package Manager is normally the best tool for that. But there are third party Packages too. What Distribution do you run?

Been doing a bit more reading up.. Its an Arch-Linux system, running the GroovyArcade-Arch2013.02.24 Distro.
It uses pacman supposedly to update things, I believe something like...

sudo pacman -S <package>

... should be used to update wahcade, but what would the package name be in this instance please?

I've actually used a workaround to sort the category filter problem out now anyway, by creating lists with Romlister and manually renaming and adding the lists to the /wahcade/files directory. I would still like to update wahcade if possible though, to get the background music working and to be able to reboot/shutdown the system from within wahcade, which is somewhat broken in the current version I'm using, thanks.
Jollywest

Postby Zombie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:52 am

I've been looking for a way to convert my RPMs to PacMan, and all I can see is to either install rpm and create an RPM database, and then install the RPM version after uninstall the pacman version, or download the Source from BZR and install which could get messy.
Zombie

Postby Jollywest » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 am

Zombie wrote:I've been looking for a way to convert my RPMs to PacMan, and all I can see is to either install rpm and create an RPM database, and then install the RPM version after uninstall the pacman version, or download the Source from BZR and install which could get messy.

I did managed to install the latest source from the Mahcade website over the exisitng install by amending the 'install' file to use python2 and changing the prefix directory to just /usr instead of /usr/local.
Looking at the bzr source though, is there no way to download the source as one file?... I can only see the download options for individual files.

EDIT

Took a while but I downloaded all the files individually and installed it, using the amended 'install' file as above.
Not sure why, but the shutdown and background music issues are still present.
I deleted the existing wahcade directory (using the command pacman -R wahcade-bzr) in case an original config file was still being initiated but still no joy.

I have a workaround for the shutdown issue now though anyway, I'm using the External App 3 option in the setup menu to run /sbin/poweroff , and mapped the App3 start key to escape.
Jollywest

Postby sairuk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

This is one of my annoyances with launchpad as well. Not that I have time to work on this exactly but I'm going to move the Mah!Cade project to github to hopefully encourage more active development and give easier access to a full download. There seems to be very little interest in rolling up a proper release, which was the driving force behind putting the mahcade version onto launchpad in the first place.

I don't need to be running multiple vcs, it just takes extra time away from actually fixing things.

It will be here when done: https://github.com/sairuk/wahcade
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade