WahCade still crashes too much due to initial config

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

WahCade still crashes too much due to initial config

Postby Zombie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:52 pm

WahCade still crashes too much due to initial configuration problems. It is still the case that, a fresh install of WahCade Mahcade results in a system crash of WahCade Mahcade, the setup program, or both. WahCade needs to be such that a blank configuration does not throw a Python error resulting in the program Crashing. It leads to the perception this program is broken when it is merely too easy to misconfigure.

Please, try starting from scratch without mameinfo.xml or catver.ini. Or any filters. Have Mahcade handle those missing files or directories by offering to download or create them.
Zombie

Re: WahCade still crashes too much due to initial config

Postby sairuk » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:47 am

I'm not particulary working on this anymore, I don't get time to game much these days. In saying that I also did encounter this problem today setting Mah!Cade up on a new machine for my kids so will look at it at some point in time. Source code is of course available if my timeline isn't acceptable :mrgreen:
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Return to Wah!Cade