wine keyboard is not forwarded

A nice (keyboard based) front end for Arcade / Console game emulators.

Moderator: battlecat

wine keyboard is not forwarded

Postby the_gamer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi folks,

ich have the problem when I start wine from wahcade, only the mouse works. Keyboard inputs are not detected. Works fine when starting wine without wahcade. What could be the issue here?
the_gamer

Re: wine keyboard is not forwarded

Postby the_gamer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Does nobody have this Problem? How do you start the games?
the_gamer

Postby sairuk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:41 am

Please see my reply here. Perhaps not a solution but i haven't tried a game which required keyboard input through wine.

What is an example?
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby the_gamer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:15 am

Harvey's new Eyes, the whole deponia series, etc. Space doesn't work, Escape doesn't work so the game has to be shut down from somewhere else, not fine :(
the_gamer

Postby Octtoman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 pm

the_gamer wrote:Does nobody have this Problem? How do you start the games?

I have the same problem, and other one with wine and the fullscreen, but i think that is wine's and the current game problem, not a wahcade problem.....can be?

Example. with commandos2, i launch the game correctly but if i move the mouse out of the screen limit, the image "goes" out and i see all black, if i move the cursor to the up-left again, i see the game again. Then, when start playing and i open the options screen, the image is correctly "blocked". But this "error" not do always and equal with all the games.

PD: Sorry for my english
Octtoman

Postby sairuk » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Octtoman does this address your issue?
mameau - My random bits | Wah!Ki - A Wah!Cade wiki | Mah!Cade - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | ListGen | Lazarus
sairuk

Postby the_gamer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:31 am

I would say the wine "fullscreen" is another resolution than the native fullscreen. And so the mouse can scroll.

2solutions: Either change the one resolution so that they match(better) or let wine create a virtual workspace(setting in wine cfg)
the_gamer

Postby Octtoman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:18 am

sairuk wrote:Octtoman does this address your issue?

the_gamer wrote:I would say the wine "fullscreen" is another resolution than the native fullscreen. And so the mouse can scroll.

2solutions: Either change the one resolution so that they match(better) or let wine create a virtual workspace(setting in wine cfg)

Hi, i don't saw your message, sorry.

It's complicated, i canĀ“t set manually the wine resolution beacuse i did my wahcade in portable mode, i can run at different resolutions, all the other systems (mame, nes, master system, dosbox, etc run streched perfectly, but the "wine games", some run well, but others run with this resolution and/or keyboard problem.

Thank you both for answering!
Octtoman

Return to Wah!Cade