Wah!Cade. A GNU/Linux friendly clone of Minwah's excellent
It's a front end for games and emulators (e.g. the M.A.M.E. arcade game emulator), and has been designed with arcade cabinet controls & projects in mind.
The source code is released under the GNU GPL license.
- It's MameWAH for GNU/Linux!
- It uses MameWah's config files and layouts.
- It has a keyboard controlled GUI - Perfect for those arcade controls.
- It supports the various versions of MAME (e.g. x.mame, ADVmame, SDLmame) and many other emulators too.
- A History Viewer.
- A Control Panel Viewer.
- A Layout Editor.
- A Setup Editor.
What's new in 0.99pre8 "Could it be?"
- New "Simple" theme from battlecat.
- Shuffle option for music playback.
- Italian translation. Big thanks to Diego Pierotto.
- A ton'o'bug fixes. See the changelog for more info. Big, huge thanks to everyone that reported bugs and helped out on the forums and over on launchpad.
- python >= 2.4
- pygtk2 >= 2.8
- elementtree (included in python 2.5)
- chardet python module (text encoding detection)
- python imaging library (optional; required for image rotation in layouts)
- gstreamer (optional; required for video & music playback)
- pygame (optional; required for joystick support)